Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I don't know how successful I will be at keeping this up.  But I figure I will begin with good intentions. :)  Back in April, Nic submitted papers to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints committing to serve a church mission.  He was called (and accepted) to serve in the Houston Texas area, as a Spanish speaking missionary.  Four to Five months later, the time came for him to actually leave.  As his mother, I enjoyed our last week or so together while everyone was back at school.  We cleaned out his room and organized his packing among many other things on our to do list.  September 10th came at 4:15 in the morning.  We packed everyone in the car (except Jim who was away on business and Valerie who was at school) and headed to the airport.  We took pictures, shared hugs and said good bye.  He looked handsome and confident as he went through security.  After he was through, he turned to wave.  We blew kisses and said good bye....


1 comment: