Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Waller Week 10

Hey Y'all!

May the 4th be with you (haha, I'm still a nerd don't worry)!

So the plan will be to skype at 4 our time so about 5 your time just to give you a little more leeway in picking up dad. Yes, I did get my packages. I wasn't able to see the video with Lathen, the computer I'm using doesn't have the proper programs to watch it, but i will don't worry.
 
This week was a blast, I enjoyed every second of it, and it is really hard to believe that it is already week 5 of the transfer. Time flies so quickly. Last p-day, we went down to spend time with the other missionaries in our district, we had a little bit of a BBQ (hot dogs) and tossed a Frisbee around and had a whole bunch of fun. 

This week we got a new investigator, él está en el programa de español (he is in the Spanish program), and he is really cool. We talked with him about prayer and reading the Book of Mormon, and he is reading and coming to church, so I have really high hopes for him. 

Another cool thing that happened was that another investigator, English program, said that he wanted to be baptized this Friday, so all things working out, he will be baptized this week, which I am really excited for. He was the one the said "Don't give up on me" and so this is making me really happy. On Saturday we did some service for Boys and Girls Country, we helped the ward run a funnel cake stand. It was a blast to just joke around with the members and learn to cook funnel cakes. I was fortunate enough to be one of the cooks, so I got pretty good at making funnel cakes.

Volleyball was awesome, not too many people showed up, but enough did. We also played a little soccer with the Hermanos in the branch on Thursday which was really fun. I am looking forward to see dad's pictures and hearing about his trip. Love y'all so very much! I'm off to hangout with some other missionaries

Well, that was my week and like I said it was a blast. Love y'all very much! 

Elder Atkinson (Nic)

PS For the pictures, I was holding a pet raccoon of a members, the general store is a middle of nowhere town in our area called Monaville. I found the hat in the apartment, so I claimed it!






1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how Elder Atkinson documents his mission so well with his pictures and stories. Love the hat. He is such a pistol!

    ReplyDelete