Thursday, June 2, 2016

Back to Houston 5 Week 4

What up!

Wow, it sounds like you had a pretty busy week this week. Good to hear that everyone has been enjoying themselves and that Valerie made it home safely. Not gonna lie, was a little worried for her because we know how Europe is. But it sounds like everyone is having fun back at home. When do y'all get out of school, sometime in June? People here are getting out this week or he next. 


But anyway... I had a good week this week. It was weird, time flew by so fast, I can't believe that it is all just going by so fast. Last p-day was a chill day, and we chilled and did what we needed to do, laundry, grocery, haircut, etc. That night, we had the opportunity to go contacting, you know the good ole knocking on doors deal. It was pretty good, fun memories definitely come from knocking (more on that later). 

Tuesday was a bomb day. The first part and majority of the day I was in a zone conference. It was a bomb conference, and president taught us about more of the doctrine behind the plan of salvation. I definitely love how all those zone conferences open up my eyes more about the doctrine and what goes on there. Normally what we do at the end of zone conference is have the dying missionaries give there final testimony, so I was called to give mine that day. It was weird to do that because I still feel like I have forever, and because of all the
missionaries I've seen that have done that. It's weird to think that I'm an older missionary in the mission. 


Upon returning, I got to eat some delicious papusas, a salvadoreño food that is delicious. We visited a menos activo that night, one that I visited last time I was here. It was fun to seem them again, but not too much has changed with them. Wednesday we had an interesting lesson in the morning with a referral we got from Mormon.Org. He was an interesting guy, shared with us a lot of conspiracy theories that he has. It was an interesting lesson nonetheless, oh and the first time we saw him, he sung to us, so that gives an idea of who he is. 

The rest of the day was full of normal missionary work, nothing too overly exciting happened then. That night we ate some Whataburger, a fast food burger joint here that is a staple for Texas. I got a delicious burger called a Monterey Melt, don't know what it has on it, but it's good. Thursday was a pretty normal day as well. We taught English class that day which is always fun to do. It's fun to see how the people progress with their English. Then the Taco Thursday time, I got some delicious tacos de campechano, some meat mixture. I really want to learn how to cook the meat so I can make some really tacos. Then the weekly planning deal into eating with the Noreña family. So delicious carne con arroz. We almost got fed twice, but we asked if we could take the second food to go, don't worry we ate it later that night. At the end of the night we had Ward missionary correlation, and one of the hermanas brought star wars cookies, so we ate those. Friday was another normal day. District meeting in the morning and all the fun that comes from that. After district meeting we got Chick-Fil-A 😃, it is always so yummy. We taught some lessons later that night, you know just doing what missionaries usually do. We are teaching this girl named Deyrin, and she is doing pretty good. Hopefully she will be baptized within the next month or so. We had some spaghetti with meat balls for dinner that night, and they were yummy! 

Saturday was an awesome day for me, pues, for the companionship. We had a pretty good lesson with some investigators about church and the blessings that come from that. Sadly they were not able to make it to church on Sunday. But after them, we started up the font at the church to get ready for a baptism! Always so much fun to have those. A women named Viri Rodriguez was baptized, and this has been something she has been waiting for for a while, so we were happy to see her take this awesome step. After the baptism we ate some tortas that an hermana gave us. That night we went contacting and had a lesson with a recent convert named Raymundo. Everything went pretty well that day. Sunday was a pretty fun day. Church is always a fun time and today it touched me to play the piano, yay! I promise I'm getting better at it, I have more than my normal songs that I play.

I was able to give an interview for someone who will be baptized this Saturday. I love doing this because I get to see their excitement and feel their fire burning, so that's a special experience for me. Also at church, I saw John Marin (the old bishop from the ward I'm serving in), I've missed him a ton, he is a great guy. He is the one that sent you the photo. After church I had some funny contacting experiences, one was we were contacting and on one of the doors, at the end of our schpiel, the lady gave us a hug goodbye, it was funny because not everyone does that. Also later that night some drunk Mexicans invited us over to their tailgate. They
tried really hard to get us to drink, but we didn't. They did however make us eat some tostadas and drink some Coke  during the day we ate some sopes, another Mexican meal, and they were delicious. We taught Rocio, a recent convert, about patriarchal blessings. She is awesome because she wants to serve a mission real bad, and that's always fun to see hat desire. We also talked with a kid that should be getting baptized this Saturday, so I've been blessed to come into this area when I did. So yeah, I love y'all so much, keep up the good work and stay safe!

Elder Atkinson (Nic)






No comments:

Post a Comment