Thursday, November 13, 2014

Louetta Week 3

I received one letter, but I  have not checked the mail recently for the other. It is probably in there, the mail here is more reliable than Mexico. I did get a package from sister Vallette, had some cookies and a nice letter. Please tell her thank you!

I do miss Lathen, I think about him quite a bit, He just seems like he is getting older. Tell him that I love him and he rocks. I think it is really cool to hear about your obra misional (missionary work), and I am proud of you for doing that. As always, it is fun to hear what everyone is doing.
 
This week went pretty good, we had a member of the Quorum of the 70, Elder Corbridge and his wife, come and talk to us about our purpose as a missionary. It was pretty inspiring. The rest of the week went by pretty normal; Study, lunch and go out to teach people. It gets a little frustrating when you set up a time for someone, and then they aren't there. It kinda stinks, but whatever. We extended a baptisimal commitment, and the guy accepted. He still has a little bit to go, but we will work with him.
 
On Friday, pulling out of our apartment, on our way to district meeting, we got into an accident. No one was hurt, but the car is meh. We fixed what we could with duct tape, bless that stuff. I went on exchanges with my brother, Elder Christensen. I went to his area, and it was interesting to see how different missionaries are. We had some solid lessons that night. I tried a habanero chile, it wasn't too bad. Yesterday after church, I participated in my first Consejo del barrio (ward council meeting), and I think the Lord helped me understand what was going on a bit more than I normally could have, because I was able to understand the majority of it. 
 
I went to the temple on Wednesday, and it was a Spanish session. We went with a member that we have been using to help teach, and it was so amazing. I was so excited, it was like a teenage me going to an amusement park. I would have to say that this was the highlight of my week. If any of you ever get the chance to go to the temple, do it, it is worth it, and I know you will enjoy yourselves there. 
 
I love you, as always, all of you, from my dorky sisters, to my awesome dad, to my sweet little brother, to my marvelous mom, and to all of my wonderful friends and extended family. I truly have been blessed with this life that the Lord gave me.

Could I also get some pictures of dad balling it up?
 
I love you and the rest of the family, you are all the best, Elder Nic Atkinson


 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing Nic talk about how much he loves the temple! It is such an anchor in all our lives and what a blessing to be able to go while on his mission!

    The picture of the car and the companion doing what I'm sure is the beginning of a mountain of paperwork cracks me up :) Glad everyone is OK!

    ReplyDelete