Sunday, November 30, 2014

Louetta Week 5

My week has been slow, not many lessons taught, travel takes a long time with the bikes, etc. The good thing about the bikes is that I can eat pretty much anything that I want, cause I just burn it all of. Since I've gotten here, I have gained 5 pounds,  This week was also a lot warmer than 2 weeks ago, it was in about the 50s-70s which was the bomb.  I actually picked up a nice sweat from the bike riding. On Friday we had a zone conference where we learned how to better teach the Plan de Salvacion, and introduced to us an initiative for December, it is called, He is the Gift. It's all about how Christ is the best gift that has ever been given on Christmas. The church is going all out, they are going to have stuff at Times Square, New York, and the YouTube headline area. We watched the video, and it was awesome, I felt the spirit so strongly during it. It is not out yet, but when it comes out (Dec 1 or something like that) I would say watch it for a family home evening or something like that. I am super excited for December now.
 
On Saturday it was raining on and off all day, entonces (so), there were puddles that we had to dodge, mud that we had to avoid etc. So we where going throughout the day, little success, no of our appointments where coming through, so we decided to go see this one Familia menos active (family less active). We knocked on their door, and one friend that was staying there answered, and told us that the family wasn't home, so we asked if we could teach him. He said we could and we taught him about the Restauracion (restoration), which he seemed to get pretty well. We got a soft commitment for baptism (said he would but don't have a date yet) from him, and he agreed. That brought our day up, and so we went along and it was about 8 when we called on of the members of our ward if we could talk with him and he said we could. He asked if we had eaten dinner yet, and we said no. So he got us burritos and tacos from a taco truck as well as some groceries that we had been needing. It was a great blessing to us to see that he would be willing to help us like that. He has been so kind to us every time we have seen him.

On Sunday I got a copy of the Ensign (conference edition) and have read about half of it right now. It is so awesome to be able to look back and see what all of the profetas (prophets) have told us and counseled us to do. It is so weird, ever since being on the mission all these spiritual things that may have seemed like a drag before, I'm so excited to do now. Before it was a little bit of a chore to read the Ensign, but now I cant wait to get the Liahona Confrencia Edition.

Something that is weird, I don't feel like I've been out in the field for almost a transfer (6 weeks). It seems like it was only a couple days ago that I was assigned to Louetta, but it was a couple of weeks ago. 
 
(Me: Are you going to someone's house for Thanksgiving?) Yeah, we will have about 2 dinners that day, or rather a lunch and a dinner
 
Much love as always, tell everyone that I say hi and that I love them!  Nic



 

No comments:

Post a Comment