Monday, March 16, 2015

Waller - Week 1 (March 1st)

 Nic's current address is PO BOX 1113, Waller TX, 77484
Mom,
 
The libraries were closed yesterday, so I am writing to you today. My new area is awesome!!! Look up Waller, TX on google maps (with the satellite on) and you should see the beautiful farm land that is my new area. I cover Hempstead, Waller, Hockley, Prairie View, and some of the areas north and south of them. I am really excited to serve here. I have already gone and helped out on some ranches and have met a lot of nice people.
 
Another interesting fact, I am whitewashing (both Elders are brand new) the English ward, as well as having the Spanish branch, since the number of missionaries here are beginning to shrink, they needed to have us cover English and Spanish. I am really excited for covering them both. The area is so different than Louetta, so much open space, and farms, it will be great. Oh, I get to drive a truck instead of the little Corolla, which I am so happy about! My new comp is awesome! His name is Elder Alexander from Santa Clara, Utah, and I believe that I will get along well with him. He likes Star Wars, and so that is awesome.
This week was really fun, just trying to get to know all of the people in both English and Spanish. To make things more understandable, I will refer to the English things (less active, investigator, etc) in English and the Spanish (menos activo, investigador, etc) in Spanish.
 
Throughout the week we have just been trying to meet everyone that we can, sometimes not as successful, but whatever. I met a menos activo that is trying hard to find a different job so that he can come to church on Sundays. We met up with a member and helped him out around his ranch, which was awesome! Helped him feed cows, get soil samples, and move some things. It is going to be fun if I get to do that every week.
 
Something that has been very stressful is taking over the two wards. We don't know much about the English ward, and we don't really know how we are going to balance all of the work, but we are slowly figuring it all out, maybe that is why you were inspired to pray and fast (or maybe you are just a mother).
 
Its always fun to hear how things are going, and I am glad you keep me very informed. I am far from the mission office, so I don't know about packages, and we might be moving to a different apartment so I don't have a confirmed address as of right now. My toe is getting better, just as beautiful as always.

Much love for ya'll from the country!

Elder Atkinson (Nic)

No comments:

Post a Comment