Sunday, August 23, 2015

Back to Louetta Week 1

What's up mom?

Yeah, I know that Sister ponce did that, and I'll try to be less of a hog. (She sent me a video of him and his companions, I mentioned he liked to be in front of the camera!) Her family is really cool.

 It has been fun going back to Louetta,although I think I might only be here for just one transfer, I am still looking forward to being here again. I am in the same Ward, but the area is just a little bit different. I get a little bit of my old area, and then the sister's old area. The trio is really fun, my companion's names are Elder Vargas and Elder Thorne. So Elder Vargas is from Provo, Utah and has been out 14 months. He is a really cool guy and I'm really lucky to have him as a companion. His dad is puertoriqueño (Puerto Rican), so that's pretty cool. Elder Thorne is from South Jordan, Utah and has been out 18 months on his mission. He lost his right eye, so he has a pretty cool prosthetic eye. 

Our address is 12331 N. Gessner Dr. # 814 Houston, TX 77046, and I would just say to send packages to the mission office, it is close enough that it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to have it there.

This week was pretty fun, it is actually pretty hard to whitewash (have all missionaries be new to an area) an area, even though I've already been here. I don't remember where some of the members live, and we didn't have a Ward list, so it was kinda hard to find out were everyone is and where they lived. It took about three or four days for the system to update and put us in the Louetta Ward, so that is why we had no Ward list.

 I think one of the funnest things to do was to see members and be like, "I'm here again, surprise!" It's fun to just reunite with them. I am getting better with being humble, something that I've learned is to not judge anyone
without knowing who they are and actually meeting them. The funny thing is whenever you ask, I can never think of anything that I need. Maybe I should just write it down when I think of it. I love you all so very much, and I miss y'all a bunch!

Elder Atkinson (Nic)








1 comment:

  1. Nic, I am lovin the old exercise bike. And, btw, most young men your age are not focused on "being more humble". You are doing an amazing thing even if at times it feels like you are just putting one foot in front of the other. You are very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete