Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Back to Waller Week 8

Hello mom!

So, my week was pretty fun, filled with exchanges, but fun. Also it's weird to think that I'm in the month that I am going to go home in. So, to answer your question, I am cooking. I made some banana bread for district meeting on Friday, haha I know what you mean, I'm not cooking too bad, I only got a little sunburnt this week. We did some service under the sun and I got touched by the sun. 


So last Monday I had an awesome time with the district. We went over with our district to a member in Louetta and had a BBQ (shish kabobs). After the food we played a few games, and I got my eyebrows waxed. It didn't hurt that much, I was kinda disappointed. Then we made a song, it's pretty cool, just fun with the fact that we made a song. That night we ate and saw a less active, all very fun. 

Tuesday was pretty fun, I went down to Louetta with Elder Self, and we had a fun time together. It was fun to see everyone that I used to know, and they were excited to see me as well, which made me feel good. We saw some of their investigators and taught pretty well. We stayed up pretty late that night talking and what not. We got up the next morning pretty tired, but it was worth it. Wednesday we woke up did the normal thing, then did some service at a food shelter. We filled boxes with cans and other foodstuffs so they could be given out. It was pretty fun, I was fairly quick at filling boxes. After that family history training then I returned to Waller. I slept on the car ride back, it was nice to sleep some. 

We then ate with the Sosa family, a stew like food called posole, it was delicious. We then contacted a bit, just the normal missionary work deal. Thursday was good, we did the weekly planning deal, like we do every week. I only have two of those left... Weird... We got a call from the Smuins and they invited us over to eat some lunch. The Smuins are a family in the English ward, they are really cool and they love the missionaries. 

After all that, weekly planning and lunch, we went and ate with the Ramirez family, I know it seems like all I do is eat, and I love it. We had some delicious tacos there. That evening, we had English class and then went to teach Joe. It was a moving lesson, we talked about family history and the spirit was felt strongly. Friday was a pretty good day, district meeting went pretty well, it usually does. Then elder Marquez went down to Louetta, so it was just elder Sellers and I for a few days. We had fun, on Friday we just knocked some doors and what not. We ate some bisect (similar to steak) with beans and rice. It was really delicious. That night we saw Juan Nuñez, he is the same, we might just stop passing by for a little bit,see if he starts reading and whatnot. 

Saturday was a fun day with a lot of service. In the morning we went out and helped lay some sod at one of our members house. We did that in the morning time and it got pretty hot. I was decked out in boots and my hat, cowboy style. As with a lot of physical labor, I really enjoyed it. After that we ate some papusas with them. I don't know how to describe papusas other than delicious. After that we did service with the Smuins, helped load up a truck with a couple hundred+ pound coolers. Good thing I'm strong! 

The rest of the day, Elder Sellers had to give a baptismal interview, we visited Joe  and talked with the Thomas family. They are kind of concerning me, hopefully I will be able to help them out sufficiently before I leave. Sunday was another regular day. We had church, I played the piano like always. In the Spanish branch, we, as missionaries, had to teach the youth during the second hour and then primary the third hour. It was pretty fun. We talked about the plan of salvation and the story of David and Goliath respectively. I also talked with one of the members of the English ward about engineering, I think mechanical is sounding pretty fun, but so is electronic. After church we had a little meeting with other missionaries, it went pretty good, just talked about district meeting a little bit. After that we ate with the Schild family, always a very fun time. The rest of the day we tried by a few potential investigators, only one was home, and he turned out to be not that interested. The end of the night we stopped by the Martinez family. They gave us some food, just a normal thing when you stop by Hispanics.
It was a great week, thanks for sharing some fun things of y'alls week. I hope y'all have a great time in Idaho, the pictures made me miss thefam a bit, not just the immediate but the extended as well. I love y'all! Keep awesome!

Elder Atkinson (Nic)





P.s. I'm not ok with Arielle going to dances, it's too weird for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment