Monday, November 23, 2015

Houston 5 Week 6

Whats up mommy?!?

I think it's cool that Arielle invited her friends to church, I hope they enjoyed the fast Sunday testimonies. 

This week went by really fast, though I didn't do anything all that interesting on Halloween. Last night, we got transfer calls, and nothing new is happening with my companionship, but from what I hear, the districts are getting changed up in the zone, and now there are two district leaders in the same district, so I don't know what is going on there, either me or the other guy is getting released as a district leader. 

The week wasn't too bad, although we did get a ton of rain on Saturday again. some flooding, so again the socks came in handy, SUPER SOCKS!!!! Teaching is going pretty good, I didn't have to do district meeting this week because it was a zone meeting, which was a nice little break. 

Lets see, oh we got a new bishopric, so Obispo Marin is no longer with us, It's sad to see him go, but the new bishop looks like he will do a good job. Oh, also on Sunday, the investigator married to a member came to church, and stayed the whole time! it was awesome, and I think that he enjoyed himself. He is doing really good, and I'm happy to see that he is taking so well to everything that we are teaching him.  For dinner on Sunday we went to eat with Obispo Marin and his family, kinda a good bye thing for him. At the end of that, he gave us all a bag of candy. The super smart investigator is kinda hard to teach, because of all the tangents that he goes on, but hopefully, little by little we will help him understand the Gospel and the Book of Mormon. No one really that new that we are teaching, just the same old same old for the rest of the week. 

On Friday I went on an exchange up to H6 with one of the Elders there, and it was really fun. One awkward thing though, was that while I was up there I had to go with an English elder to teach someone who spoke Spanish. It was awkward because, I just talked with the lady in Spanish, and nobody else really knew what was going on... soo it went pretty good, I think. 

 I ate two habanero peppers and I was on fire for a bit (I told him I accidentally ate a jalapeno and was dying). I guess the culture has latched onto me. I really hope to bring some of the Hispanic foods that I eat home.

Well it is done my letter (that is a Spanish way of speaking!), so I'll just want to say that I love y'all, and hope the best for y'all!

Have a great week!

Elder Atkinson (Nic)

No comments:

Post a Comment