Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Navasota Week 13

Hey mom!!!

My new companion is awesome! His name is Elder Curtis, from queen creek Arizona. Yay not another one from Utah. He's just come up out of the city, and has had quite the culture shock coming out here to the country. 


So the district has changed a bit, the Hermanas are back, and we have two new elders, my comp and elder Guzman. Oh, something cool, Elder Noriega is in charge of three areas, and Navasota is one of them, so he will be coming in and out of the area, so that will be fun. 

Navasota the river is flooded. But I haven't had anything hit me hard. The struggle is that after dark, everyone thinks that it is too late to be knocking doors, so they become more irritated, and less willing to listen. So this week was still a part of the process to build up the teaching pool, and so we contacted a TON! It's pretty fun though because some of the cool/ funny people you meat are from contacting. We met a few drunkards, people that probably won't remember that we talked with them... Also, we knocked for about 2 hours in the day in the pouring rain. For 2 days.... It was a ton of fun. 

So, since I contacted most days this week, nothing overly interesting happened. We met some pretty cool people. One of them has said that he has been looking for a new church, so I am pumped to teach them. At the end of the lesson, they gave us some crawfish to eat. It was some pretty good crawfish. 

Sunday was a little slower of a day, all our appointments fell through, and people are out of town for spring break. We just tried a bunch of potentials, and a referral we got from a member. At the end of the night we went and visited a less active and talked with them about doing the basics as a family. I shared my experience that I had last Christmas with the family prayer, and what it meant to me, I almost cried sharing it. 

This week I get to go to the temple! It will be awesome because I will get to do everything for this family member, baptism up to the endowment! I'm so pumped to do this! I love hearing about all the fun that has been going on at home. I never thought Kiley would play lax, an interesting choice, so we will see how it goes. Poor Lathen he must have had a crapy week. I love y'all so much!

Elder Atkinson (Nic)










No comments:

Post a Comment