Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Navasota Week 7

Hey mom!

I eventually got it (a letter), and it was fun to see what everyone was doing. I did get the sunglasses, they came on Friday. It's fun to read all the emails from home, it hit me this week how old everyone will be when I get back. Kileys practically fixin to be an adult, Arielle will already be a Mia Maid, Bella will already be a beehive, Lilly will just be older, and Lathen will be fixin to start kindergarten. It was a strange realization. I'm glad grandpa and grandma got to come and visit, did they get the letter I sent before they left?

So I'm not gonna do a day by day this week. Probably one of my lowest times on the mission happened this week, but also one of the highest. We started teaching a husband of a member, and he is really cool. It was fun because the whole family was there when we taught him, so it was us (the missionaries), the parents of his wife, and the five other kids. It was fun trying to include everyone in that lesson, but we managed. One of the siblings made a cool comparison, that peace and salvation is like eating cookies forever. It was very deep. Lol. 

Lots of the regular stuff we did this week. We had the days of bingo, which is always really fun. I think this week they were closest to getting feisty over bingo, it was fun to watch, but luckily crisis was averted. SCORE! One of the people we are teaching, it turns out, works at the place where we do bingo. It was cool because there is that connection there, kinda. 

So now for the high and the low, and naturally the low came first. So Friday, don't know exactly what went wrong, but I woke up at 4 in the morning, and I threw up... and in the course of the next few hours, I threw up twice more, so that was a very fun morning. Elder Heiner and I were both under the weather for the rest of the day, so we rested that day. Then the next day I had the high, we got to see President Nelson, which was so cool! We got to go shake his hand and everything. Such an awesome cool spiritual experience! That's the second Apostle that I have seen on my mission, I feel so lucky. 

The rest of the week was the same, just a little slower trying to overcome the rest of the sickness. The bad thing is that being sick threw off my sleeping schedule and makes it harder to sleep at night.  It's tough, but I'm living through it.

I love y'all so much, you are the best! I love hearing about all the funness that is going on in your life!

Elder Atkinson (Nic)





No comments:

Post a Comment